Place: Champagne, FRA
Pierre and Sophie vinify their two tiny, neighbouring Avize vineyards into this cuvée. Chemin de Plivot planted was in 1955 and Chemin de Flavigny in 1960. Both are highly chalky parcels with very little topsoil, and lie on the lower slopes of Avize.
The winemaking follows similar lines to their other cuvées, save for the use of smaller, neutral barrels for the fermentations, necessitated by the small-batch nature of this blend. The wines are left in bottle on their natural lees for a minimum of four years and are then disgorged by hand with only two grams dosage per litre.